This trend has become very popular lately: thick and bushy eyebrows. Here the motto “more is more” holds true. The times when plucked, thin eyebrows were in (like back in the 90s) are long over. Unfortunately, not everyone is so lucky to be born with bushy eyebrows.
However, there’s good news for these people: now everyone can get in on the trend. We’re going to show you some tips and tricks for how you can promote eyebrow growth. And the best part is that you don’t have to spend loads of money on expensive cosmetics and growth tools. Most of the smaller items can be found in nearly every household.
1. Castor oil
Castor oil is one of the most effective means to accelerate eyebrow growth. It contains proteins, vitamins, fatty acids and antioxidants that nourish the hair follicles and promote the growth process. And here’s how you apply castor oil:
- Dip a cotton swab in pure castor oil and apply it directly to your brows.
- Slowly massage it in for several minutes using your fingers.
- Now let the whole thing take effect for about 30 minutes or longer.
- Then wash out the oil carefully with lukewarm water.
- Repeat this process daily over the course of several weeks.
Tip: If you experience any irritation on your face or in your eyes, stop the process immediately.
2. Coconut oil
Another way to promote hair growth is using coconut oil. It contains various proteins as well as nutrients such as vitamin E and iron. It can be also help darken your eyebrows.
- Apply several drops of coconut oil on your eyebrows and gently massage with your fingers.
- Leave the oil on your brows overnight.
- Wash the oil off with lukewarm water the next morning.
- Repeat this process daily for 1 to 2 months to see results.
3. Olive oil
Olive oil is in nearly every kitchen, but it’s not just an essential ingredient in your cooking. It also contains vitamin E, which promotes eyebrow growth.
- Simply apply several drops olive oil on the brows prior to sleeping at night.
- Gently rub it in.
- Allow to take effect overnight.
- Wash off the next morning with lukewarm water.
- Alternatively you can mix 1/2 tsp. of olive oil with several drops of honey and apply it to your brows. Rub in briefly and after half an hour wash it off.
4. Onion juice
An onion can also be found in nearly every kitchen. The juice contained inside supports hair growth as well thanks to the sulphuric compounds in the onion, which promote the production of collagen tissue. This is important for eyebrow growth and strengthens hair follicles.
- First peel 1 small onion and chop it into pieces.
- Squeeze the juice out by pressing the onion pieces through a finely woven towel.
- Rub the juice into your brows for about 5 minutes.
- Allow the juice to dry for several minutes and wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Repeat this process for several weeks to obtain the desired result.
5. Egg yolk
Egg yolk contains keratin which promotes hair growth.
- Crack the egg and separate the egg yolk from the egg white.
- Whisk the egg yolk until it acquires a creamy consistency.
- Apply the egg yolk to your brows using a cotton swab.
- After 15-20 minutes, wash the egg yolk off with cold water.
- The process should be repeated 1 to 2 times a week.
6. Fenugreek seeds
The seeds of the fenugreek plant contain protein, nicotinic acid and lecithin, which accelerate hair growth. They aid in rebuilding hair follicles.
- First, add 1 tsp of fenugreek seeds to a bowl and add some water so that the seeds are completely covered with water.
- Now wait at least 5 hours until the seeds have softened.
- Then crush the softened seeds with a mortar into a thick paste.
- Now add several splashes of almond and coconut oil to the paste and mix the whole thing.
- Apply the paste to your eyebrows before sleeping and let it take effect overnight.
- Wash it all off the next morning with warm water.
- Repeat the process 2 to 3 times a week for two months.
7. Aloe Vera:
Aloe Vera contains enzymes that nourish hair follicles and accelerate thick eyebrow growth.
- Remove the gel from a leaf of aloe vera by separating the gel from the inside of the leaf with a knife.
- Mix 1/2 tsp. of gel with a splash of honey and coconut oil.
- Apply the mixture to your eyebrows.
- After 30 minutes, wash off the mixture with water.
- Repeat the process daily for several weeks straight.
Lemons contain folic acid along with vitamins C and B and many other useful nutrients that help with hair growth.
- Cut the lemon into slices.
- Rub the lemon slice over your eyebrows for several minutes.
- After about 15-20 minutes, wash out the juice with lukewarm water.
- Alternatively you can cut the skin of a lemon into pieces, lay them in a cup filled a quarter of a way with coconut oil and let it seep for two weeks. Apply the solution to your eyebrows each night before sleeping and let it sink in overnight. The next morning, wash out the solution with lukewarm water.
Tip: Avoid going out in the sun up to 2 hours after application, because the lemon juice can turn your hair slightly blond when combined with sunlight.
Milk is not just essential in the kitchen. It also contains proteins as well as other growth-promoting nutrients.
- Add some milk to a small bowl.
- Dip a cotton swab in and apply the milk gently to your eyebrows.
- Leave the milk on your eyebrows until it has dried and wash it off thoroughly with water.
- Repeat the procedure daily for several weeks until the desired effect has been achieved.
10. Proper nutrition
You can promote hair growth in other ways beyond external applications. It’s also essential to get the right nutrition. If you follow a few useful tips, hair growth (including hair growth on your eyebrows) can be accelerated.
- Make sure to consume foods with high vitamin A content such as bell peppers, sweet potatoes and carrots.
- Food with high vitamin C content such as lemons, bell peppers, broccoli, papaya and oranges promote hair growth.
- Get enough food with high vitamin E content such as almonds, peanuts, basil, spinach and olives.
- Foods containing protein such as cheese, tofu, beans, lentils and yogurt should also be part of your diet.
- Foods rich in omega-3 fatty acids promote hair growth e.g. avocados, walnuts, olive oil and salmon.
- Foods containing iron such as fish, vegetables and lean meat should round off your diet.
11. More tips and tricks
Alongside proper nutrition and the methods displayed above, you can still do other things to add some bushiness to your brows.
- Massage the hair follicles beneath your eyebrows daily for several minutes straight with gentle, circular movements in the direct of growth.
- Treat the area of skin around your eyebrows to a peeling every now and then.
- Apply vaseline to your eyebrows regularly.
- Avoid plucking your eyebrows too much. If done too much, there is the possibility that the little hairs won’t even grow back anymore.
- Avoid using too much makeup on your eyebrows. It can hinder hair growth.
- It’s also good to avoid stress. As with all situations in life, stress can have negative effects on hair growth.
As you can see, you’re not stuck with thin and unnoticeable eyebrows. These little tips are easy to do and inexpensive. Soon, you too can achieve your dream of having bushy eyebrows.